Registration Closed | IN PERSON EVENT: Servant Leadership in a Risk Management Environment
Carl Pritchard, PMP, PMI-RMP takes participants on a dynamic excursion through the language of risk, demystifying the practice with his engaging, humorous style. In this presentation, participants learn the four simple ways to improve their risk management practice without changing the way the organization does business. Instead, they learn how to improve overall risk management through the careful manipulation of the risk language. Carl takes you through your risk fears, dealing with them through improved clarity of the risk discussion and consistency in how the risk language is applied. You'll learn how to challenge poorly stated risks to bring to light the real concerns that plague your organization's projects. And you'll identify ways to build risk alliances and to get others to support you in your risk management practice.
- Identify risks in their team's day-to-day activities
- Recognize where they can make the most significant risk contribution(s)
- Develop solutions appropriate to the nature of the potential concern
Carl Pritchard, PMP, PMI-RMP is the principal of Pritchard Management Associates - a project management training and consulting firm based in Western Maryland (Lavale). He is the lead chapter author for the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 4th Edition, risk management chapter, and the author of eight texts in project management. He served as the U.S. Correspondent for the British project management magazine, Project Manager Today for 15 years. He has lectured on management topics around the globe. He is a regular speaker on the Project Management Institute's SeminarsWorld series and was the architect of ESI Internal's landmark e-learning programs in project management. In 2019, he was named project management's "Best of the Best" by PMI Global, earning the prestigious Eric Jenett Award. Je resides with his wife Nancy in Lavale, Maryland.
Date: Tuesday, Sept. 12th, 2023
Networking: 5:30 - 6pm
Dinner: 6 - 7pm
Presentation: 7 - 8pm
Location: Park Lane Tavern in Short Pump - West Broad Village
2251 Old Brick Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
PDUs: 1.5 (.5 PDU for Networking and 1 for attending the presentation)
Admission: Members - $35 Non Members - $50
- We are pleased to inform you that dinner will be served at the event. You can enjoy dinner and beverages while networking with other industry professionals. This provides a perfect setting to forge connections, exchange ideas, and build lasting relationships!
- Brett Sheffield, President of the Central Virginia Chapter, takes the stage to share chapter news prior to the event. This will be followed by the presentation
- After the presentation, there will be a captivating Q&A session where you can engage directly with the speaker, seeking further clarification and diving deeper into the tools.
Click REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT to secure your spot and be prepared to take your project management skills to new heights!
Both photography and videography will likely be taken on site or virtually to document PMICVC events and activities. Photographs and video footage are the sole property of the PMICVC. By registering, you, as the registrant, understand that PMICVC may use your likeness for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed or recorded using audio or video, please notify a board member on site or do not use your audio or video for this live virtual event.
It is not possible to register for this event